Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mystery trip no.1

The owner of our local yarn shop
and her sister take their mother on a 'Mystery Trip' every year.
She's told me about some of them...and I've even gotten to be slightly
involved in the last two.
They sounded like so much fun, my sister and I decided follow suit.
This was our first year taking Mom to a mysterious location.
I'm quite sure we'll do it again.
We all had a blast.
And so, without futher ado: Madison, Wisconsin.
After checking into our hotel, we got in the car and putzed downtown.
And I do mean putzed.
You see, I'd failed to realize it was Homecoming weekend in Madison.
However, we arrived in plenty of time to make our 6 pm reservation at our first destination.
Fresco is atop the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art.
Its fabulous.
We got to eat outside in the sculpture garden.
I failed on the photographing of the appetizers.
What can I say? We were hungry!
Mom had seared duck breast.

I had sheep's milk ricotta cheese gnocchi.


Sarah had chicken fresco.

We savoured our food and enjoyed the view.
Yep. The fine dining experience was a lovely start.
08October2010

No comments: